The history of Student Youth Organizations is related to Order No. 41 dated February 15, 2005about “Approval of measures plan on improving work with students and youth in Republic of Azerbaijan” by Ramiz Mehdiyev, the head of Executive Office of the President of Azerbaijan. Related to execution of this order Misir Mardanov, former Minister of Education signed order No. 89 dated February 28, 2005. By this creating student-youth organizations started in all public and non-public educational institutions depending on the number of students.
The Ministry of Youth and Sport and The Ministry of Education approved “The Regulation of Student Youth Organizations in higher and secondary educational institutions” in May 6-7, 2005 in order to regulate activities of Student Youth Organizations.
The Regulation was revised and approved by both ministries and was distributed in higher and secondary educational institutions in 2007.
The main goal of Student Youth Organizations is to protect the interests of every student, provide their active participation in socio-political, cultural, social, economical life of the republic.
To achieve this goal, the Union operates in the following areas:
- to take measures on social problems of students.
- to aware students
- to achieve effective organization of students’ leisure.
- to protect student’s rights.
- to ensure the participation of talented and creative students in competitions, exhibitions, festivals and sports competitions within the country and abroad.
- to prevent negative habits among young people, organize measures drug addiction, alcoholism and crime.
- to organize seminars, competitions, forums, exhibitions, round tables, conferences, training courses, discussion clubs, meetings with famous people
- to organize clubs, courses in order to provide students’ development.
Azerbaijan Student Youth Unions’ Organization combines 105 higher and secondary educational institutions and more than 30000 members.